mINI sESSION VS. FULL SESSION - WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE & WHICH TO CHOOSE?
Mini Sessions generally last 20-30 minutes at a specific location. The final product is usually a handful of images, typically around 20 vs. a full gallery that consists of 50+ images. Mini sessions are usually scheduled by the photographer on certain dates and are sometimes themed, like for holidays or specific seasons. Fall, Christmas, and so on. A regular lifestyle session lasts 50-70 minutes, with locations and dates typically chosen by the client. They also have the option for outfit changes also. The final product is a gallery of a larger number of images rather than a handpicked punch.
REASONS TO BOOK A MINI SESSION
- Save Time - these are short and sweet.
- Perfect for kiddos - these are perfect for families with children, and to get photos before their attention span is up.
- Low Commitment - both time and financial commitments are lower for mini sessions.
- Just a few updated shots
REASONS TO BOOK A FULL SESSION
- Generational - this is perfect for extended families, who doesn't love candids with grandma and grandpa, or your cousins!
- More Options - Not only do you get more time, but this also means more options to get a larger variety of images, especially if we bounce to 2 locations.
- If you want more control of the session - if you want to have more of a say of the specific theme, or specific poses this allows the time for that.
Do i OFFER MINI SESSIONS ALL THE TIME?
YES! I personally love mini sessions, as a photographer and a client! I love not having to commit to anything more than 20-30 minutes with a toddler. IYKYK, and I like giving my clients the same flexibility. I offer mini session multiple times a year, however I also give clients the ability to book one regardless if I am offering lotted times or not. Over the years I've followed many photographers I've loved and want to work with for my own family photos, and none of their dates work for me when it comes time to their release, and that's okay. I get why so many photographers do it the "normal way" of releasing mini sessions once or twice a year, but dang it I want it to work for me too as a client! Ha. We are a blended family, and many times we don't always have all of us together! I also know we are not the only blended family out there that shares their littles. So that is why I decided to just start offering my mini sessions whenever a client reaches out asking for one. I do this knowing that A. Not everyone wants, or can commit to a full session, and B. some don't always have the flexibility to just drop everything on a specific date chosen by the photographer. Especially if it's on a weekend!! I restrict it to local only, as I am not going to drive to the cities for one 20 minute session. But in all honesty, offering mini sessions all the time has worked out pretty dang well for me so far, and I consider that a win.